Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Netflow question

Is there any SonicWall FW model that presents a permanent license for Netflow like Cisco ASA ?

Or do we have to pay yearly subscription to keep the Netflow running for all the SonicWall models ?

in Cisco ASA its free of cost and when you buy any ASA its included .

Please advise .

Best Regards

GoldTipu

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@GoldTipu the Appliances do support IPFIX/Netflow but need a separate solution (external Netflow Collector) if the onboard AppFlow Report is not sufficient.

There is no free (included) solution for that from SNWL their offerings are Analytics and/or NSM.

I'am still looking for an Open Source solution but did not found the time for more research on that.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    GoldTipuGoldTipu Newbie ✭

We use the SolarWinds NetFlow solution, but when I tried to configure NetFlow on the SonicWall, it asked me to purchase a license for the year. I tried the 30-day trial, but it has now expired.

Unlike Cisco ASA, which doesn't require a license, I'm wondering if there is a version of SonicWall that functions similarly without needing a license.

Best Regards