Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SONICWALL TZ350 issue Urgent please

GoldTipuGoldTipu Newbie ✭
edited January 19 in Entry Level Firewalls

Hello All

We are running SONICWALL TZ350 from last 3 years and suddenly FW stopped NAT / PAT for newly created Rules.

We were using RDP to one of our LAN system over the wan to manage the FW .

Old rules were working fine after we started checking the Rules we suddenly lost control and now none of the rule is working and even simple RDP default port stopped all HTTPS / HHTP rules also stopped and we have no control to the FW .

We restarted the FW manually powered off but still we are unable to access the FW from WAN and non of the NAT rules are working .

we can ping the FW over WAN and can access from LAN but all NAT rules are not working

Now can you advise is this something observed before?

What to do next ?

Factory reset will work ?

Best Regards

GoldTipu

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@GoldTipu latest Firmware for a TZ 350 is 6.5.4.13. I had a few cases where existing Access Rules stopped working until rebooting the appliance, but that got fixed around 6.5.4.10 IIRC.

If you're on site you should reboot the appliance and check if this changes anything. Maybe starting a Packet Monitor to see if anything gets blocked and for sure, upgrade to the latest :)

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@GoldTipu do you have a Router in front of your TZ 350 which does some NAT forwarding traffic to the Firewall? Maybe that's the root cause not having any inbound NAT working anymore if the Router stops working the NAT.

--Michael@BWC

• Options

HI @BWC

There is no router in front of us. Instead, we have a fiber modem that is connected to the WAN and set to bridge mode. The WAN IP is transferred to the SonicWall.

The SonicWall was working fine. I was using RDP to access one of the LAN systems from the WAN, but suddenly we lost all the connections, including HTTP, HTTPS, and RDP, which were configured and working properly.

Now we are considering two options: either resetting the SonicWall to factory default or upgrading its firmware. Unfortunately, this means I will have to drive for 4 hours to our datacenter.

Could you please provide information on the latest firmware available for this model?

If this didn't work we will buy a new FW maybe some upgraded SonicWall .

Thank you

Best Regards,

GoldTipu

• Options

@BWC

Thank you .

I asked the person at the site to perform a hard reboot which we had already done,

but he lacks knowledge about networks so he cannot give us any access from the LAN . Therefore, I have to go there myself tomorrow around 11:00 AM GMT to check if we can get the firewall working again. Thank you once more for your assistance and advice. I will keep you informed of any updates..

Best Regards,

GoldTipu

• Options

We restored the SonicWall to factory default and reconfigured now the FW is stable and working .

We tried hard reboot update Firmware with current settings but all failed .

Thank you for all your help

Best Regards

GoldTipu