Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Accessing network shares through IPSec client to TZ270

I am remotely connecting to our TZ270 via the IPSec client. I can see the client in the active connections log on the firewall, and the global client says the connection is successful. I cannot however see any of the internal network devices from the remote computer, what am I missing in the config to allow this.

Specifically, I am trying to connect to a shared folder and QuickBooks database on a Windows 11 workstation on the local network,

Thank you for the assist.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @nomadic_t

Do you have the subnets added to the VPN Access of the user? If this is correctly configured then I would check the Access Rules and trace the packet flow with the Packet Monitor tool. I hope this gives some insight.

Answers

• Options
    nomadic_tnomadic_t Newbie ✭

So as a follow up, I see that I'm pulling DHCP from a different scope. How can I set up so that the VPN client pulls from the same scope as the internal devices?

• Options
    nomadic_tnomadic_t Newbie ✭

Thanks. The wrong subnets were added, and I needed to make a change to the client config, but it is operational now. Thank you!