Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

TZ 270 blocks Triumph-Adler Cockpit

I use a TZ 270 and a printer from Triumph-Adler with a hardware device to send actual information about the printer as toner status. The traffic works over a xml-based interface with port 443.

Since I implement the firewall, the connection between the data center of TA and the hardware device does not work correctly. In consultation with Triumph-Adler, they told me, that Sonicwall is rated TA not correctly and I must redirect the traffic in the firewall.

In the access rules from LAN to WAN all Ports are open and I added also a NAT Rule, but still not working.

With the old TZ300 all works fine without configure any policies.

Does anyone have an idea, what the problem can be?

Thanks for the help.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@GITS do you have any Security Services and/or DPI-SSL enabled?

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    GITSGITS Newbie ✭

Hi Michael.

Security Services were enabled, but at the moment they are expired, I will renew them after the problem is solve.

DPI-SSL is disabled.

Best regards

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@GITS if you're sure that your Access Rules are in order you should start a Packet Monitor capture any tcp/443 from your printer to see if anything gets blocked and if you receive some reply packets from the TA DC.

--Michael@BWC