Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

How to create multiple user and login to sonicwall console simultaneously

How to create multiple users and login to the SonicWall console simultaneously without signing out the active session.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Hi @ManuNair . Can you please elaborate more, what you mean with "SonicWall Console"?

• Options
    MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Sonicwall doesn’t support simultaneously config edit. Just you can allow multiple admin see the config. You can find this path: Device/ settings/administrator/multiple administrators
  • Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Hi @ManuNair

If you are referring to a user with Admin privileges, concurrent login is not allowed, neither on the user interface or via API which requires Admin privileges. If you are referring to a regular user, this can be enforced with the "Enforce Login Uniqueness" option under Users - Settings - Authentication. Let me know if any follow up questions.

• Options
    VeranitiVeraniti Newbie ✭

Hi,

I experience a similar problem: I can login to SonicWall WebUI with one User account (let's say the Admin), but as soon as a colleague logs into the WebUI using another account - a Read-Only one - my session is disconnected (and vice versa).

The main problem is with using the SonicOS API: Once I connect to the system using the API, the current user is disconnected from the WebUI.

Is this a config problem on my side, or should I contact support?

Thanks!

• Options

Thanks, Markd.

I have already configured additional Administrator Users, and have enabled the "Drop to non-config mode" option. Still, each new connection will disconnect any active one.

Let's say I want to automate some tasks, using a Read-Only-API-Only-User to run some query every hour. Currently, it seems like I will be disconnected whenever the task begins. Is this really the case?

Again, thanks!

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Are you and your colleague logging on from the same IP address? SonicOS cannot handle that and will kick the first user out as soon as the second logs in. You won't get a message telling you this, it will just look like the session timed out.

• Options

Thanks, Arkwright!

Indeed, our devOps confirmed that we are, indeed, connecting to the SonicWall from the same IP address.

Thanks for the explanation.