Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

TZ470 L2TP setup error "L2TP IP range 254 > 50"

I'm setting up L2TP VPN on our TZ470, we need a 256 IP address range so setting as

Start IP: 192.168.0.1

End IP: 192.168.0.254

This matches our Address Object that has network: 192.168.0.0, netmask 255.255.255.0

Though the error comes back "L2TP IP range 254 > 50"

What does the error mean and how can I make this work?

Thanks, Steve

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi @swdee

Does this network range 192.168.0.0 overlap with any other networks on the firewall?

• Options
    swdeeswdee Newbie ✭

Well I have an Address Object of that subnet which is the one for our Client VPN users on our Meraki firewall the other end of our site-to-site VPN, and we need to move the L2TP functionality to the Sonicwall so I'm trying to use that same subnet.

Would that not work and I have to create a new one for this then? Strange it allows us to enter 192.168.0.50 as the end IP but not any higher.

Steve

• Options
    swdeeswdee Newbie ✭

I added a new range for this 192.168.10.0 and still got the same error, won't allow more than 50 IP addresses for L2TP.

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Hello @swdee

The error you are getting is related to the L2TP IP limitation of your firewall model. For instance, the following TSR - Technical Support Report is extracted from a TZ670 and it also has the same limitation. The IP count limit depends on the firewall model. Higher models have higher thresholds.

I am also sharing the error popup window to have better context. I hope that clarifies your question/concern.