Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Connect to remote site via bridge

hi All

i wonder if anyone can help as its doing my head in.

I have 2 sites with an NSA at each site, these are connected via a wireless bridge. the bridge is connected to a port on the NSa and set as its own trusted zone.

routing seems to work between local ip addresses but i cannot seem to get SSLVPN users to connect to the remote site.

the SSLVPN ip range is setup within the route just like the other ip addresses.

its probably a tick box or a config error somewhere but i cannot see it

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Additional networks need to be added to SSLVPN client routes and the allowed networks for the user/group. Won't work without both.

• Options
    AlexWhitAlexWhit Newbie ✭

Thanks.

they are in both the Client route as well as the user groups. i was not sure if it was a routing issue or an access policy or if i am over thinking

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

For clarification: you have the two sites with the wireless bridge AND an internet connection at at least one of them? And users are connecting via SSLVPN through the internet connection?

You will need to ensure both the SSLVPN clients and the second site know how to route to each other. After routing is configured, make sure access rules allow the traffic between the appropriate zones.

More details would help, but learn how to use the packet capture utility.