Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Site to Site VPN not allowing access to network

ebthorebthor Newbie ✭

I am not very familiar with Sonicwalls, and I have a client with 3 sites, all tied together with Sonicwall routers running OS version 5.9.1.8 using a VPN. They used to have a domain but the domain controller is now gone, and all computers are out of the domain. Now, they have just a file server, and no one can access it from the other 2 sites, but they can access it fine from the site the server is in. They never could access any of the computers at the other sites but they could always access the domain controller, no matter where they were. Now, the new server has the same ip address as the domain controller, but no one can access it. I have even called in the builder of the VPN's and he does not know why I cannot access the server (even by ip address) from any other site. I have been working on this for days, and I have tried MANY things but no go. Help please?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Options
    TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi @ebthor ,

There is not much information to go on, but sounds like a hub and spoke Site to site vpn would be needed here.

Please review the following kb article as it has steps how to set it up, so you can see if there is any missing configurations:

Implementing Hub and Spoke Site-to-Site VPN (Video Tutorial) | SonicWall

Would also be good to run a packet capture on both sides of the communication as it could indicate any dropped packets