Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Multiple VPN using same gateway.

I want to connect to Azure and AWS using same gateway. I could not do it. Now using differetn gateways using two internet providers. I want to use only one internet service provider to establish two vpn connection to Azure and AWS.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

You should be able to connect to both Azure and AWS using the same WAN interface on the firewall - why could you not do it? What issues did you face?

• Options

There is an existing tunnel to AWS which is up and running. when i create a second tunnel to Azure, it is not getting up, shows down.

When changing the gateway to a secondary internet connection then it gets up.

Im using version 6.5. I read many is facing this problem and suggested by your team to use route-based vpn. But the route based vpn needs both side the same kind of Firewall? can not be used with azure or aws?

• Options
    TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

You can use route based with any firewall on the remote side - it just needs to be configured correctly.

I'm not sure what the correlation is here between the tunnel to Azure and AWS.

If these are 2 different VPN policies, with 2 different remote gateways and different remote networks, there should be no issue. If the tunnel is not coming up when creating a tunnel to Azure, please check the even logs as there will be logs detailing possible issues.

As for it working on the second WAN connection you have, again, you would need to check the logs and packet capture.