Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

soho global vpn problem

hello, I have a problem with global vpn and a soho 250 with firmware SonicOS Enhanced 5.9.1.8-10o

When I try to connect, the Gvpn connection answer "the number of users has exceeded the gateway license" but is only me searching to connect to it, I'm doing a test, the firewall is licensed, someone could help me ?

thanks a lot

Alfredo

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Alfredo SOHO 250 is a Gen6 Appliance and should run 6.x, you're sure about the model number?

Latest Firmware for 5.x is 5.9.2.13, you might try it with that.

If you have a look at the License Page of your Firewall, it shows the correct values for licensed GVPN?

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    AlfredoAlfredo Newbie ✭

hi Michael, thanks for your interest

this is what I see in administration page

Model:SOHO

Product Code:12800

for the license

• The SonicWall is licensed for 5 Nodes/Users (0 in use).

• Node License Exclusion List contains 0 excluded nodes.

so you see noone is used,

I', using glovpn client downloaed from internet

where i could find the new firmware ?

and thanks a lot again

• Options

@Alfredo as always, Firmwares are available on MySonicWall https://mysonicwall.com you have to login with the credentials where the unit is assigned to.

Node License isn't relevant for VPN, what does "Global VPN Client" says on the Licensing Page. The unit is pretty old, but wasn't there a limitation on that unit that it could be used only as a client and not server for vpn? Not sure about, it's to long ago.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    AlfredoAlfredo Newbie ✭

Hi, but the global vpn client is free to use or i need buy a license ?

I suppose no, but maybe...

thanks ☺️

• Options

The firewall you're connecting to has to have the Global VPN licenses, the Client is free but requires a "Server" license.

--Michael@BWC