Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Assistance Needed for SSLVPN Browser Casting to Local TV

alimdalimd Newbie ✭

Is it feasible to project a browser from an SSLVPN client onto a local device, such as a TV? While I can successfully ping the target device (TV), I'm encountering difficulties when attempting to cast from the browser.

If this functionality is achievable, I would greatly appreciate your guidance in understanding the necessary configuration steps

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi @alimd ,

Depending on your casting device/software, it might only be able to be casted to by something on its own network.

What difficulties are you experiencing? Have you ran a packet capture on the firewall for this traffic?

• Options
    alimdalimd Newbie ✭

Hi @TonyA ,

Thanks for responding back. The device is Fire TV. I am trying to cast from a SSLVPN Client to FireTV( which is on my LAN subnet) I can Ping the device from VPN client without any issues but not able to cast any media/chrome browser.

My Current VPN setup is all tunnel mode. Without any restriction policy from SSLVPN clients to LAN zone

Please advise

• Options
    MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

If you local devices support HTML5 full functionality, you can browse with clientless SSL-VPN protal page and connect via html5 RDP or other links.

what is the casting protocole and ports? did you trace casting packets?