Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Need to change user account lifetime without resetting password

SYSADMINSYSADMIN Newbie ✭

We've just configured SSL VPN on our TZ400. I have set up several users who have successfully connected via NetExtender from their PCs. Now I want to change their user info in the TZ400 to expire their passwords after some period of time.

I have found that whenever I go into Users -> Local Users & Groups, and modify a user, the password gets reset in the TZ400, even if modifying 'Groups' or 'VPN Access'. After making any change then clicking OK, I get a message that passwords do not match and have to set both the password and the confirm.

The users have all been required to change their passwords to something private which I do not know and I hate to make them change their passwords again just because I set a lifetime duration.

Is there any way around this?

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I have seen this, it is because my password manager is filling in one password field [but not both, thankfully] for the user with my password. This is not a Sonicwall issue!