Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Where do I configure the network DHCP server IP for the SSL VPN?

TZ270 SonicOS 7.0.1-5080 Windows Network

I am adding a new DHCP server to the network and want to point the Netextender VPN to it . I can find the Global VPN client setting quite easily, but for some reason I cannot find the place to enter the IP address for the DHCP server in the SSL VPN settings.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@jtpryan you can't, DHCP for SSL-VPN Client adressing is not supported on Firewalls, but you can on the Secure Mobile Appliances if you like to go that road.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    jtpryanjtpryan Newbie ✭

OK, so right now it looks like the SSL client (Netextender) is getting "Address for IPV4" which is an object that is pointing to 10 addresses, x.x.x.245 to x.x.x.254. The subnet is the same as my LAN DHCP addresses. We have been using this for a year and never had a conflict, should I not remove those 10 addresses from the scope? How did those addresses get there in the first place, I don't remember doing that (not that THAT means anything).

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@jtpryan have a look at Network -> SSL VPN -> Client Settings. The Default Device Profile holds the Address Objects which defines the scope.

You can assign a seperate subnet completely independant of your LAN, which is highly recommended.

--Michael@BWC