Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Dropped packets and slow internet

Hello, I have been seeing dropped packet for a number of weeks now and cannot work out why this is happening. This looks to be coinciding with slow internet access a times too - screen shot below.

The SRC I've worked out is a trunk port on an Avaya switch. The DST I don't know what this is. We are using X3 as a heartbeat. Onside is authenticated via MACOUI (Extreme switch), the other side (Avaya switch) has the same vlan on the port.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

If the ethertype is unknown then there is nothing your Sonicwall can do with this traffic - it only understands IPv4/IPv6.

The destination MAC is "(snap type 01A2) Bay Networks (Synoptics) autodiscovery" - this is not going to be internet traffic, this will be some proprietary management protocol used by that Avaya switch.

• Options

@Arkwright - thanks for the reply. Good to know that this is not internet traffic. We do have 2x SW in a HA. Could this querying the other unit? The ports this relates to correspond with the 2x WAN lines we have but the drops are only see on onside.

Thanks,