Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Why sonicwall doesn't use one type of client?

MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Other brands have 1 client for end point side. But sonicwall doesn't. Netextender, GVPC, Mobileconnect.

I think; This is not professional. Why Sonicwall doesn't change the strategy? day by day sonicwall gives unprofesional services. Sonicwall has to be listen the Partners.

I have been working for 17 years with Sonicwall. But Sonicwall doesn't care our request and professional thoughts.

I want to write a lots of think about sonicwall strategy but I know they don't care us. Please resolve the chronic problems about sonicwall softwares.

Category: Developer Hub

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Presumably consolidating all their clients into one implementation would save Sonicwall time and money, so there must be some reason why they don't.

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

As I have learned over time from my various SonicWall Channel Account Managers, any Request for Enhancement (RFE) has to go through the CAMs.

The first thing they are required to do is to submit your request along with a complete description of the "opportunity created." In other words: will there be increased spending for SW goods and services if the request is granted? The typical thinking is if SW grants your request, you will be able to offer customers another TZ (or two) or some other SonicWall solution. If so, "that could make the likelihood of approval increase significantly."

Let's think about that for the request to consolidate multiple access methods into one software client.

Will that one software client result in more users of the client software?

Will more people purchase SonicWall devices because of that unified client software?

Will SonicWall have to charge users for this new unified client software to recoup development costs?

Let's say they did create one unified client software offering.

Now, how would you spread the word to everyone that they must change their existing client software? And how would you make sure they updated their firmware to handle this new software? And what about the possibility some would be forced to upgrade their existing TZ or NSa hardware to accommodate the new client?

Or, will there be overall annoyance at the need to replace known software - with all of its shortcomings - with yet another newly hatched SonicWall piece of software - with all of its shortcomings following an initial release?

@MitatOnge what you are proposing generally makes sense: a vendor should seek to consolidate to one client. That appears to be easy, right? Unfortunately, the reality - at least in this case - is completely the opposite; it is very, very difficult.