Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Internal Server Error - Migration tool

VivekVivek SonicWall Employee
edited November 2023 in Firewall Migration Tool

Hi All,

For those using the Migration Tool, Please make note of the article if you come across an INTERNAL SERVER ERROR and the Migration attempt fails:

Internal Server Error - Migration tool

Category: Firewall Migration Tool

Answers

• Options
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vivek

This is well noted.

• Options

Hi All,

I wanted to give an update that this is expected to be fixed in the upcoming version of the Migration Tool. If there any other Issues that you come across on the migration tool, please reach out to Sonicwall Support.

• Options
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited September 2023

Hi @Vivek , what would be good is when the Migration tool comes across errors in the migration it highlights the issue(s) like the firewall (Gen7) does sometimes when there is an issue importing the configuration file,

it pops up with a list of issues in green but then disappears too fast to read which isn't much good either but at least it shows something however brief, this also needs sorting out by engineering / product development as it still goes through the motions of trying to import the config regardless and fails, this way the user can disable or remove features that are not compatible during the migration,

I've currently got a case (44331097) raised with SonicWall regarding the DEAGs as if you try and import a config with DEAG configured it fails but if you run the config file through the Migrate tool it doesn't highlight any errors or fail which I would expect to happen.

• Options

Hi @preston , Thank you for the feedback and yes , I will be coordinating with our Dev & PM teams on the items you've listed. I've responded to you via the support ticket as well. We look forward to helping you ahead.