Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

TZ300 Internet Max output speed

Hello,

I have the TZ300 firewall, I upgraded my internet from 300 mbps to 1 gbps, my Netgear 24 port switch output from Netgear port was only 330 mbps. Is this TZ 300 firewall limit to output of 300 mbps? Please advise me. wgill@optonline

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello @wgill , the TZ300 firewall is an entry level firewall and due to the hardware resource limitations you won't be able to utilize the full bandwidth of your 1Gbps ISP connection. You need a more capable model if you want full utilization.

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    wgillwgill Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks for fast response, -Will

Answers

• Options
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@wgill

TZ 300 wont give you 1Gbps through put, See the below maximum throughput for the Tz300.

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

I would like to add more clarity around this throughput topic, which I am often observing that there are misunderstandings in interpreting the values. Each datasheet has the following footnote which explains how the tests are performed in lab environments, referencing RFC 2544 standard and the protocols, packets sizes used.

Excerpt from RFC2544

Details are in the RFC document, and I want to highlight that the lab tests are performed with multiple input/output interfaces when measuring the performance of the firewall. But, in real world we are typically measuring throughput with single input/single output (LAN to WAN) interfaces. I hope this gives some insight.