Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SMA 410 - lost email format & WAF notification

Good morning, I am submitting a case to you today concerning the firmware sw_sma410__EN_10.2.1.9-57sv.sig, from August 02, 2023, and concerning the SMA410 product.

After the update, we noticed a malfunction in the formatting of emails sent from the SMA410.

1st problem:

Before the update, the formatting of emails for the One Time Password was correct (carriage return, tag, Email body and Email Subject) since the update, we have lost all formatting, lost carriage returns and the Email Subject part no longer appears in emails.

2nd problem:

We no longer receive notification emails from the Web application Firewall...

This is all very boring.

thank you for your comeback

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• Options
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @Ach49, this is a bug, it does send the email as below, but because the Subject is missing it goes in your Junk folder, you need to raise a support request with SonicWall directly via your mysonicwall account to report the bug

• Options
    Ach49Ach49 Newbie ✭
    Good morning

I have my case which is being closed on mysonicwall...

Wasn't expecting this, more like an answer to the question (ongoing fix or known bug) but not a closure.

They tell me to call, but they never answer.

In 2021, I was advised to open tickets, which I do in a very disciplined way

I take note and do not hide my annoyance.

Ok it didn't work, I downgraded and it works again.

Pfff
    Nothing to say

• Options
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

@Ach49, I'll raise the support request on my account, I'll keep you posted if they give me a Hotfix