Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

AWS VPN configuration questions for TZ 670 running 7.0.1-5119

gomergomer Newbie ✭
edited August 2023 in Entry Level Firewalls

I have reviewed the documentation regarding configuring AWS VPN on this firewall to allow multiple remote firewalls to access/be accessed by AWS resources.

The current AWS console configuration options are NOT storyboarded in the documentation, and offer many more options than is covered in the instructions.

This is what I see as options in my VPC for configuring a VPN. Each require certs,

What we need is a step-by-step walkthrough of what sort of vpn to make, where to get the certs, what authentication to use and how to set up the addressing and routing.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    gomergomer Newbie ✭

I created a policy group in AWS for "firewalls" and gave them the permissions described in this article.

Then I created a user per firewall and put them in the group.

Then I created an access key for that user.

Then I put that access key and private in the configuration section of the firewall. Yes, I downloaded the csv and copy/pasta'd the key pair directly in to the boxes. They are correct. But they fail, and aws shows them as never being invoked.

• Options
    gomergomer Newbie ✭

pro tip:

When using NSM, the test will "run" prior to deploying the config and fail.

If you DEPLOY the config, then test, it works.