Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

My TZ270 is not allowing traffic between WAN (X1) where my internet modem is plugged in and X0 LAN

I have a spectrum modem connected to a Sonicwall TZ270 at X1 and connected to a Netgear M4250 switch. The tz270 is configured to provide DHCP addresses which devices get when plugged in to the switch. Spectrum has verified I have Internet access and can see my tz270 attached. Devices are not getting on the Internet. I used the wizards to set up the DHCP and modem connection. I know I am probably missing something simple here but I am banging my head against a wall with this one

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

A brand new, out-of-the-box configuration allows this type of traffic (LAN to WAN) with little effort. Make sure everything is connected properly.

To start the basic troubleshooting, remove the switch from the equation and plug a PC directly into X0 and see what happens. If you have success than you know the switch is an issue.

If you have a failure, factory default the TZ and go through the setup wizard again with only a PC on X0. Go from there.

• Options
    orcorc Newbie ✭

I was trying to do that before I posted my question. The directions I found mentioned holding the reset button which I did. those directions (for TZ) said to connect by a network cable to the LAN port and go to the web address, log in with admin and password (or possibly no password) and tell it to reset to factory. The problem is that when I did that it asked for a maintenance key instead of a username and password. Any suggestions on that?