Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

VLAN internet Access

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help me with an issue that I am struggling to find a solution to or an answer to.

I have setup 2 VLANs along side the default LAN on my NSa2700 X0 interface, VLAN 25 and VLAN 50. With this I have setup the appropriate DHCP servers for each interface as well.

The default LAN has internet access without issue in the correct range. However the VLANs do not. I have enabled the setting under Firewall - Advanced "Apply firewall rules for intra-LAN traffic to/from the same interface"

I have also created Access Rules for VLANs to WAN, X0:25 to WAN and X0:50 to WAN respectively and set it to allow. However after all this I still do not get internet access on those VLANs, my method of testing at the moment is setting the computer to a static IP in the range of one of the VLANs either .25 or .50 and seeing if I get any break out, which I don't.

What am I missing or doing wrong here?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@Anytech. Likely your source packets are not tagged with the respective VLAN ID. Use the Packet Monitor tool on the firewall, and capture the traffic based on destination IP address. For instance, your computer is on X0:25 subnet and you are pinging a.b.c.d and your Packet Monitor should be filtered based on ICMP and the destination IP a.b.c.d. You should be able to see the flow of the traffic, and the drop reason if that is so.