Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ470 - allow ADP application

Simon_WeelSimon_Weel Enthusiast ✭✭

We use the ADP payroll services. Apparently, there's been a major update to their website recently. We now have trouble with some actions on the site, where we get errors like 'there was an error sending this request'. When the action is retried a couple of times, it eventually gets executed. Now I wonder - is this a firewall problem or is there a problem on the ADP side?

To rule out the first, I wonder what to do to exclude ADP from any firewall action. I notice there's an entry for ADP under Security Services > App Control, but I'm not sure if - and how - to use that to exclude ADP from any action.

Category: Firewall Security Services

Answers

• TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi @Simon_Weel

You can try using the browser debug tools by hitting F12 on the keyboard - using the network and console tabs open when clicking on different items in ADP that gives you errors, to see if there is any errors showing on either tab. This should give you some info to go on and then check on the firewall.

Also, you can input the source ip of the device you are on into the logs and after getting these errors, check the event logs on the firewall.