Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Anyone using - or have clients using - Verizon Business Digital Voice?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

A client is going to be switching from POTS to the Verizon VOIP solution, Business Digital Voice.

I asked their level one tech support if I had to make any changes to the firewall to support it, and was told, "no, it just works."

Somehow I doubt that (you know, RTP/SIP settings and all), so I was wondering if anyone in the Community had any experience with implementing this particular solution and if they could offer any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, but digging around I found this:

You have to love level one techs!

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@TKWITS - yes, I did come across that page, thanks. I was thinking of saving a current configuration, then entering those values and saving that configuration then backing off to the original one. Implementing it only if necessary. And then though, that's too much work.

I'm going to wait for the tech to show up, provide the IP address information, and answer my questions about this.

Of course the Verizon appointment is from 2 pm to 5 pm on a Friday. And I know that Monday morning is going to be just "so much fun!"