Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Blocking older SSL/TLS protocols on SonicOS 7.0.1-5111 - App Control, SSL Control

Hi, recently upgraded some TZ-400's on OS 6.x to 470's on the latest SonicOS 7.0.1-5111, using the migration tool. Most everything seemed to go smoothly, but I have found that we lost our app control rules that were blocking older SSL & TLS protocols. Now we are failing our security audit on TLS 1.0 (can't disable it on the server due to database application that uses it. . .) But I can't figure out how to recreate these now in the new SonicOS. Unfortunately the knowledge portal articles don't match up with the menus & options in the actual interface. For one there is no "App Control" although there is now "App Rules," but then there is no Application category to select from or Configure button as described in the help. . .

Also I have found the new "SSL Control" section which sounds like it would do the trick (although documenation is thin) but again, the interface doesn't follow the help articles - after enabling it globally, then going to Objects/Match Objects there is no Zones in which to configure this.

Any clues? TIA!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls