Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

nsa2700 try to make changes to a virtual adapter

I have x3 setup with 5 virtual adapters with tagged vlans. We are using fibre ethernet links between locations.

We recently upgraded some of our links to faster fiber. The communications company installed new circuits at these locations. I tried to delete the current one but that was not happening. I deleted the routing info also still could not delete the virtual adapter to create a new one.

I have to delete or edit the current one as the tagged vlan for that circuit has changed. I can't edit adapter. I called sonicwall support on Thursday June1 2023 and they could not do it either.

Anybody else have this issue or know the fix.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

What error do you get?

TBH if Sonicwall support couldn't work it out then it's unlikely we can help but having some error messages would be a good start.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

"I tried to delete the current one but that was not happening. I deleted the routing info also still could not delete the virtual adapter to create a new one. I have to delete or edit the current one as the tagged vlan for that circuit has changed. I can't edit adapter."

Slow down. It's hard to follow what you have or haven't tried. We do not know what you are talking about when you say 'current one'.

If you just have to change the 'tagged vlan for that circuit' why not just create a new virtual interface?

• DuaneDietzDuaneDietz Newbie ✭

If i created a new virtual adapter I would have to change the gateway at the other end. Seems to me that the address objects will be the same for both virtual adapters. Traffic designated for the location may not know which adapter to use?

When we try to edit or delete it the virtual adapter, it hangs the firewall and it reboots. There is never an error message that you get.

Are you running the latest firmware version?

• DuaneDietzDuaneDietz Newbie ✭

Yes we are. When I had sonicwall support login that is the first thing they checked, it is up to date

Do you have NAT or other policies associated with the interface or zone? Im going to guess yes because all your sub-interfaces are in the LAN Zone. That's probably your problem...

Create a TEST Zone and change your problem sub-interface's zone to it. Then see if you can do anything else with it.

Having essentially all of your internal interfaces in the same zone is bad practice.