Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ270W - Does port redundancy need specific setup ?

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a port redundancy on my link between my switch and my FW TZ270W.

The interfaces X6 is the one with the configuration and choose the X5 to be the redundant one.

However, when i shut the port on my switch (or disconnect the cable), the service is down and the other interface doesn't seem to take the charge.

I don't see any other action in the knowledge base and can't find articles about that problem :

My configuration on the switch (comware) for both ports is as follow :

description Interco FW Aggregat-X6 (or X5)

port link-type trunk

port trunk permit vlan 1 99 to 100

speed 1000

duplex full

dhcp-snooping trust

dhcp-snooping information enable

Nothing crazy going on as we can't use LACP for this FW.

We have a NSA 4650 with same switch for our main network with port redundancy and we use the same configuration on FW and switch without success.

For information, when i shut the main interface (X6), i see log that say the int is DOWN but not when i shut the redundant one (X5), even if i shut both.

However, i see on my switch logs i can see when my interfaces are going DOWN.

Is there something i'm missing ? Like rules or configuration for the redundant interface ? LB configuration ?

Thank you for any informations,

Best regards

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LexESLexES Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hello,

For your information, i just disable/enable the interface on sonicwall AFTER i configure the redundancy configuration on the primary interface and this is now working like a charm.

Reset it before configuration didn't work for me but after will do the trick.

Hope this will help.

Best regards.

Answers

• LexESLexES Newbie ✭

I guess the TZ2xx series is too old as i don't find it in the topic.

Still strange that the option for Link-aggregation or Redundant port is available on TZ, i guess the OS is common to all the hardware.

I will check for a Portshield configuration so.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards.

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I just checked on a TZ370 and it does have the redundant/aggregate options. So I think I have over-interpreted the linked article - the "not supported on platforms" only lists Gen 6 TZ devices, not Gen 7 TZ devices.

In other words, the options are there so it should work, unless there's a UI bug and it's displaying options that don't do anything.

• LexESLexES Newbie ✭

The configuration setup on Sonicwall port look very simple so i don't really understand where i could have missed an operation.

I will try with another switch to ensure the problem is not on my part but if a confirmation about the TZ2xx would be great.