Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Warning message in log: "Mesh interface joins unsuccessfully" for one of two devices

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

This warning message was issued from the main AP of a two-AP mesh configuration.

I cannot find a reference to this message using Google.

SonicWall support says, "Mesh is not working" and I agree (maybe) - but they provide no direction for remedial steps required to re-instate the mesh network.

Of course this would happen on a holiday weekend when these two outdoor units are providing Wi-Fi to a pool and recreation deck.

Can't wait to see what the follow-up on the ticket will read...

Category: Wireless Network Manager

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Updating this thread in case anyone from SonicWall pops in - or someone else experiences this undocumented problem.

One day later, and no additional messages appear in the WNM log following the error message. In this case the scheduled deactivation of Wi-Fi at the end of the day.

Looking at Network - Zones, the Mesh column shows this:

I just rebooted both devices to see if that would fix and/or clear up things. It took more than 15 minutes for the reboot notices to get to the log. A short time later, the mesh activity was re-instated.

So now I don't know if there is a problem with the device, or a problem with something on SonicWall's WNM back end (despite the Status page (https://status.sonicwall.com/) showing "WiFi Cloud Manager" [a product name that has been superseded for years] is up and green).

I'm just glad these things are working.