Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall NVS 400 Not Show Firewall & VPN Option in Web Interface

Good morning

I have a problem and it is that my Sonicwall NVS 400 has stopped showing the Fireall and VPN options in the Web interface

I know they work, since the ones that are configured work, but I can't access them.

any solution?

Thank you

Category: Virtual Firewall

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@casidus I have no experience with the NSv series but did you tried a different browser or Incognito (private) mode in your browser to make sure it's not just browser related?

Browser issues are pretty common and annoying these days.

--Michael@BWC

• casiduscasidus Newbie ✭

Good morning.

no, that's not the problem.

I have tried in private mode, and in 4 browsers and 3 different computers

does not appear

thank you

@casidus that would have been to easy. Is the whole Rules and VPN section missing from the UI or "just" your custom configuration? You did not selected IPv6 by accident and looking for IPv4 or have some other values in the filter which might hide them?

I fear that needs to be addressed by Support, I cannot think of anything else that could cause this.

--Michael@BWC

good morning

no, I haven't enabled anything, and I don't have a custom view

Why check it? Where can you check that?

thank you

@casidus can you provide a screenshot what actually is shown when you select Manage -> Rules -> Access Rules or Manage -> VPN -> Base Settings ... please blur any sensitive information.

--Michael@BWC

I can't do that, I can't access.....

@casidus this is the Classic Navigation view which might be messed up. Did you clicked on the little icon (the 3 lines) in the bottom left corner to switch to contemporary mode?

Another option would be to access the Internal Settings and disable the Option " Show Classic View Pages" is enabled.

You can access the Internal Settings by replacing main.html with diag.html in the address bar of your browser when logged into the Firewall.

--Michael@BWC

that option does not appear in the contemporary view either

@casidus I'am sure you've already done the obvious, testing from another machine, testing from local not remote, disabling any endpoint security which might interfere and check the browser console (developer tools) for any errors which might give a hint.

This can't be a licensing issue right? I don't know how the virtual Firewalls acts when the license expires.

At this point, I highly suggest contacting support. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get this fixed.

--Michael@BWC