Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Sonicwave 621 | Legacy SonicPoint VAP "scheduled" access times for a specific SSID

2_Meh2_Meh Newbie ✭

Acknowledging that Sonicwave 621 units can currently only be managed by WNM, is there any way to create an SSID with "scheduled" access times. Specifically blocking access on a given SSID say from 11pm till 6am??

We have a facility that made use of that type of functionality provided with VAP objects.

I am hoping I have overlooked something easy. At this point I would embrace a convoluted work around if needs be; Facility Managers absolutely want ability to schedule "Guest" access.

If not, is it possible to submit a product enhancement request?

FYI - the new radios are a huge improvement over the Legacy SonicPoints that were replaced.

Best regards, Kelly Keith

Category: SonicWave

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    2_Meh2_Meh Newbie ✭

Thanks much!

WNM is, well new to me. Or, I am new to WNM; a bit of both, to be sure.

Again, thanks so much for the pointer. Once I was able to create a corresponding "Schedule" object, applying that schedule and a suitable Content Filter to a facility specific SSID became my next steps.

Best Regards, Kelly

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@2_Meh - Kelly, SonicWall issued an update to WNM between May 5 and 6. It now accounts properly for DST. Please check your logs and schedules to make sure your devices are operating according to the correct schedule.

• Options
    2_Meh2_Meh Newbie ✭

Hi Larry:

Thanks for the heads up! I just statused version level of WNM management interface.

WNM Version: 4.3.0-10

Build Time: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 08:01:32 GMT

Will monitor this next few weeks and see if WNM version level changes. Currently running a "manually adjusted/ sprung forward" DST schedule. Will provided a heads up to facility staff to monitor schedule activation. If the fix is in effect in our WNM instance, we will roll back the manual adjustment.

Again, thanks much.

-Kelly

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@2_Meh that IS the new version, they only announced the change last week. The DST fix is in production. I had to change a slew of schedules yesterday. Some were correct and others weren't, so I have no idea what they did.

Go into your MySonicWall, click on the Download Center, then By ProductLine. Select All Versions and search for Wireless Network Manager. You'll be able to download the Release Notes...