Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ 400 Loopback User X1 Link Down and Up

joshuamariusjoshuamarius Newbie ✭
edited March 2023 in Entry Level Firewalls

Anybody seen this before? I have the exact same setup at multiple locations and only this one is giving me this batch of errors 2-3 times a day with about 12 hours in between. I've tried a new cable to X1 and also forcing the connection to Full Duplex. Text Log below also:

12:06:15 Mar 01 998 Users Inform GUI administration session ended 127.0.0.1, X0 0.0.0.0, 0, X0 tcpadmin

12:06:15 Mar 01 261 Users Inform Administrator logged out 127.0.0.1, X0 0.0.0.0, 0, X0 tcp Loopback user logout

12:06:11 Mar 01 566 Network AlertI nterface X1 Link Is Down X1

12:06:09 Mar 01 565 Network Alert Interface X1 Link Is Up X1

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    joshuamariusjoshuamarius Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Just in case it happens to another person: It ended up being the cable that connected the main Frontier ONT to the TZ400. Frontier techs have been giving out these "CAT6" white flat cables that don't seem to be of high quality. Replaced with a high quality CAT6 patch cable and all errors and disconnects went away.

Answers

• Forgot to mention, X1 is connected to Frontier FIOS Modem/Router (Fiber Optic Internet Service).

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@joshuamarius I would suggest to test the connection on another free interface on the firewall to isolate if it is a hardware related.