Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Installing Global VPN Client on Surface Pro errored out

I am trying to install Global VPN Client on the surface pro. I am signed in as owner and only account on surface. I get a message saying unable to manage network component. The condition can be transient. If it persists, it maybe because you're a member of the Network Configuration Operators group on this computer. Members of this group cannot install network filter driver. More at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975608/de

Any help?

Running windows 11 home, no updates available, 64 bit, global vpn version 4.10.8.1108

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi @chrisw169 ,

Is your surface pro an ARM device?

If so, GVC is not supported for ARM devices. Please see info under supported windows clients in the release notes:

Global VPN Client Release Notes (sonicwall.com)

NOTE: These operating systems and platforms are not supported:

ARM-based devices, including the ARM-based Surface tablet.

• JohnRJohnR Newbie ✭

Is there any other client that you recommend to work with a laptop that has the ARM-based processor? In my case I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 11.

• TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi @JohnR ,

You could try Mobile connect in the windows store, but do note it is end of life and not supported anymore.