Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSO authentication issues

I have an issue with sso on our Sonicwall Tz 400 , firmware SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.7-83n

Clients are randomly not able to authenticate to SSO

When the affected IP is checked on the Sonicwall event logs error seen is;

Error communicating with OS: [53]The network path was not found.

Same when tested from the sso agent via Manage>Users > Settings - CONFIGURE SSO

The SSO Agent and Clients IPs are in the same subnet

Is this an issue anyone is familiar with ?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Master_Crane did you checked this KB-article? In my experience it's the Windows Firewall most of the time. Also make sure that the Clients are logged into the Windows Domain properly. Directory Connector 4.1.20 got released, but not much changes to the aged 4.1.19.

--Michael@BWC

• I would assume that on the domain side all users and devices should have the same windows firewall settings (if in the same group) which they are

Also due the random occurrence, its been a tricky one, and as I suspected it appears to be related to the client side.

Would it be worth importing the LDAP group settings to also be local to the Sonicwall ?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Master_Crane I guess it's right to assume that they should have all the same settings, but the Error 53 is IMHO a Windows thing in general not exclusive to SNWL SSO.

You could try to switch from NetAPI to WMI (or vice versa), the log entry in the Firewall is from probing via one of these methods.

I did not checked the Release Notes for Firmwars newer than 6.5.4.7, but you might have a look into this as well for a possible fix, but this would not be valid for the Directory Connector, which is hopefully at 4.1.20.

--Michael@BWC