Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Discrepancies between SonicWall Managed Latest Release version and our tenant's client version

I was wondering why it is that the Sonicwall Managed Latest Release and some of our tenants' devices' client version don't match.

We selected the Sonicwall Managed Latest Release, under the Client policies tab, for all of our tenants.

Yet, there are discrepancies when we look under the Assets - Devices tab, as is shown below.

This is just one example, but virtually all of our tenants show the same pattern.

I would expect all our tenants' devices to be running the same version of CC, but it's not the case (we find version 3.7.4, 3.7.5 and 3.7.6 all under the same tenant, for example).

Moreover, I see that under the Policies - Client tab, the Sonicwall Managed Latest Release should be 3.7.5.

Why is it that we find versions 3.7.4, 3.7.5 and 3.7.6 installed on our clients' devices when all of our tenant policies are set to "Sonicwall Managed Latest Release"?

Aren't the CC clients supposed to update automatically to the same version?

Lastly, I see that the Sonicwall Managed Latest Release version and the Latest Self-managed version don't match. Why is that? I assumed that the Sonicwall Managed Latest Release option only pushed the latest stable version of CC, but I wanted to make sure.

Thank you for your answers!

Category: Capture Client
Tagged: