Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

"No security tools required for this type of rule is running."

I receive this error message when I try to configure some of our clients One Drive and SharePoint .

I'm wondering why that is. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you very much.

Category: Cloud App Security

Answers

• I assumed it could be something to do with app authorizations, but everything is in order.

The security tools both seem to be running, as is shown below.

• Is it possible that those options are not available because our clients only have the Business Basic of Office 365? Just wondering.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not use this product but from the screenshot your security tools are running in 'monitor only' mode, meaning they aren't actually doing anything.

You might want to create new rules that actually provide protection.

• The first screenshot I provided is the error message that I get when I try to add or modify rules.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that but your second screenshot shows that you have 'monitor only' mode for OneDrive, indicating there aren't any tools actually running...

• To change the 'monitor only' mode to 'Detect and Prevent', I would need to add or modify the rules, which I cannot do.

I have submitted a case to the technical support team. They seem to be having some difficulty fixing the issue themselves since it's been over three weeks now and we haven't made any progress.

Thank you for your help!