Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to initially Set up Tenants?

Hello guys,

I just have a curious question before I start to create my tenants on MySonicWall.

How does users / companies usually set up their tenants initially? By location, company, other?. I know that this practice may depend on the administrator and how it is easier for them to manage their products. I just want a general idea on how people usually set them up. Is it one tenant per location or one overall tenant (for two firewalls, for example).

I will really appreciate any ideas on how is the best way / practice to initially set up your tenants and products topology.

Thank you,

• Nayro!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Nayro01 I am a Managed Services Provider (MSP) and create one Tenant for each client (which I consider a "site" to match my RMM and PSA products). That's because I work with family owned and operated small businesses with between 5 and 25 employees. Some clients have multiple locations, and I resolve that by putting the location in the device's Friendly Name field.

I know some colleagues who have larger clients and they will create several Tenants for each, using the location as part of the Tenant name.

It all comes down to how you want to work with the devices under your control.

Keep in mind: you can always change your Tenant schema (albeit with some difficulty) if you find that it isn't working out for you.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I second @Larry 's approach as that's what I do. A Tenant per client, with all their devices underneath it. Simple and effective.