Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

where do I find the authentication code for GSM (windows)

Category: High End Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Rather than get snarky (e.g., Dude, do you bother to read ANYTHING about the products you plan to use?), I'm going to use the Socratic method:

Where do you think such a personalized piece of information about a product would be located?

• jwardjward SonicWall Employee

Log into Mysonicwall.com and look for your GMS Serial Number. Your authentication code is located on that page in mysonicwall.com

• No it is not. That is a problem

@jward was undoubtedly thinking you are fluent and familiar with how MySonicWall operates.

He neglected to say that after you open MySonicWall and select your Tenant, you must click on the blue Serial Number to display the Product Details page.

If that page does not include the Auth Code, you are going to have to contact Support.

• Very problematic working with Sonicwall support. I have many cases open, none of them have been resolved. Then they close them.

I have gone thru all the documentation. None of it had any references to the codes. I went into Mysonicwall, and beside my serial for GSM there are NO authentication codes. Larry really must understand, he is no help. Simple answers to simple questions really help.

You guys are supposed to be the professionals, I am not.

Just looking to use the product effectively. Despite its poor design.

Thanks

@SnarfySplat what information is shown on the Product Details page for your GSM serial number?

Here's what mine displays:

Complain all you want, but I'm only willing to help someone who puts in at least a minimal amount of effort.

• Again, not available on that page.

Then, since you haven't shown us a screenshot of the information that does appear, I'll repeat what I said earlier:

If that page does not include the Auth Code, you are going to have to contact Support.