Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

TZ670 Random Reboot on 5095

2»

Answers

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

And.... we're back. April 21 and at nearly the end of the workday my TZ270W decided to reboot. No core dump exists and because my ticket was closed a while back, I'd have to provide the litany of files all over again. And I just don't have the willingness to do the work necessary to play whack-a-mole with this.

• Options
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Community Manager should get involved

• Options

Hi Larry,

As the Community Manager, I'd like to offer my assistance in resolving this issue. However, in order to expedite the process, I would kindly ask you to open a case detailing the issue you faced. This way, our support team can provide you with the necessary help and assistance in a timely manner.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

• Options

@Community Manager - I appreciate the offer. But the inordinate amount of time I have spent with SonicWall Support (for one reason or another) over the past few years has finally achieved the inevitable result: I am no longer a product advocate or fanboy.

If I repeatedly have to put together a package of 7 files for diagnostics manually and do not see a solution, then that is a waste of my time.

If I repeatedly have to spend 45 minutes in fruitless remote sessions with a CSR, that is time I can never get back to work on a webinar to generate more business, answer client emails and phone calls, or write my monthly newsletter.

So, yeah, enough is enough because I do not believe SonicWall will ever fix this $#!%.

• Options

September 12, 2023, TZ270W running SonicOS 7.0.1-5119 decides to arbitrarily reboot at 10:15 am.

Posting here because I don't expect any solution and need to write out my frustration.

Here's my RFE: when the device borks, take immediate action to (somehow) save the running state of the device.

Because right now, SW CSRs ask for 7 support files, none of which contain the necessary data after an unexpected reboot to help diagnose the problem.

Submitting same to my CAM.

• Options
    AZSNWLAZSNWL Newbie ✭
    edited September 2023

Ouch, This all sounds painful.

Have you considered rebuilding the firewall? - hear me out. I have had odd issues with my configuration that I could not explain, ended up rebuilding it, never had the same issues after. Over time, changes to the configuration along with many versions of firmware updates or even hardware upgrades would simply carry the issue (whatever is causing it) into your environment until the end of time.

I guess that is sometimes easier said than done. Take good backups.

Otherwise, if the event causing the reboots is environmental you would be able to monitor the health of the network via monitoring. There are many ways to do it but monitoring all of the devices in the broadcast domain and forward the traffic into a syslog or SIEM solution might be a good idea. If there was something that was happening right before the unit failed, you would be blind to it, unless you monitor properly.

The firewall is inspecting the traffic that you tell it to inspect, monitor, log, and report on. If the firewall is being overwhelmed with unnecessary logs and alerts, as an example. In the right environment may cause the unit to panic and fail. (reboot).

Crazy. wish this was helpful, I commend your dedication to a solution.

HA Might be a solution as well.