Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender Installer Failing after Uninstalling Old Version

Hello,

I'm having difficulties installing NetExtender on a few machines after uninstalling previous versions. On most machines it runs okay, but on some others the MSI fails during the final stages of the install.

Version: NetExtender-x64-10.2.331.MSI

The installation runs up until a point then gives the following error: Installation Incomplete. The installer was interrupted before SonicWall NetExtender could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

• Core Isolation in Win10 is turned off.
  • I've attempted the NetExtender cleaner tool
  • I've taken ownership of the Sonicwall folder in Program Files (x86) and manually deleted all files there
  • I've deleted the Nx driver from System32
  • I've deleted all Sonicwall/NetExtender registry keys
  • I've tried running the MSI as admin via CMD
  • I've tried various versions of the NetExtender installer (10.2.315, 9.0.0.274) and they all behave the same way
  • I've tried installing NetExtender to a fresh directory
  • I've deleted all of the Sonicwall directories prior to attempting an install
  • I've turned the NoInteractiveServices flag off in the registry

This is becoming very problematic to running our business and we're looking to find a solution ASAP. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @mattstru , have you disabled any third party AV whilst you are running the Installer?

• sidharveysidharvey Newbie ✭

Anymore information about this NetExtender Installer Failing after Uninstalling Old Version