Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Question about Client AV Enforcement artifacts

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

According to this article, both McAfee and Kaspersky are no longer valid Client AV entities:

And yet, all my TZ series have the following entries in the Address Groups list:

• McAfee Client AV Enforcement List
  • Kaspersky Client AV Enforcement List
  • Excluded from McAfee Client AV Enforcement List
  • Excluded from Kaspersky Client AV Enforcement List
  • Excluded from Client AV Enforcement List

None of these Groups have any Address Objects in them. However, it is not possible to delete them.

I am seeing them appear in Gen 7 devices that have been migrated from Gen 6.5 devices, where the Client AV Enforcement option no longer exists at all under Security Services.

Are there any steps that I can take to remove these extraneous, useless artifacts from a TZ device?

Or am I going to have to ask for an enhancement to the Migration Utility (which seems to have overlooked this EOL entry)?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I submitted a Support case and have been told there is an RFE now (request ID 5078).

However, I just received a new TZ 670 and, sure enough, these entries appear as Default Address Groups (NO Migration tool used):

• McAfee Client AV Enforcement List
    • Excluded from McAfee Client AV Enforcement List
    • Excluded from Client AV Enforcement List

I'm not sure what all is going on with the Dev/QA teams, but honestly, this is another sign of general sloppiness.