Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender for Linux installer out of sync with netExtenderGui tool

LiamLiam Newbie ✭

The NetExtender for Linux installer presets USRLIB=/usr/lib and LIB=/lib

If /usr/lib64 exists, USRLIB is redefined to point to that location else it's left alone.

If /lib64 exists, then LIB is redefined to point to that location else it's left alone.

The installer then puts libNextExtender.so, libNetExtenderEpc.so, and NetExtender.jar in $USRLIB

It looks like $LIB is only used for checking library dependencies for "netExtender"

The netExtenderGui tool presets USRLIB=/usr/lib then tests for "64-bit-ness" using "uname -m" and sets USRLIB=/usr/lib64 if uname returns text with a "64" in it.

Needless to say, I have a 64-bin Linux system and no /usr/lib64. So the installer places the SO's and the JAR in /usr/lib but netExtenderGui expects to find them in /usr/lib64

Y'all are mixing and matching how you test for 64-bit-ness and it's left netExtenderGui "broken."

This could also explain why when I try to launch the GUI from "Start -> Internet -> SonicWall NetExtender" it very silently does nothing.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Great find! Not surprised though, GNU/Linux support is not many companies strong suit. I gave up on the GUI because of this, ended up relying on the CLI.

It sounds like the workaround would be to create /usr/lib64 and copy the .so and .jar files from /usr/lib. I'll have to give it a try.