Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Upgrade SMA 8200v to version 12.4.2

Hi

Today i tried to update SMA from version 12.4.1.02629 (with all clt patches and all platform patches) to the latest version 12.4.2.05082.

Update failed with an error:

"PLWAWSRVSMA01: Supported appliance type: EX-Virtual ------------------------------------------------------------------ Starting upgrade... Thu Nov 3 23:04:25 CET 2022 Checking for root permissions... Updating filesystem error behaviour... Swap device has proper label Checking version... Version check passed. Proceeding with upgrade... Unpacking... Identifying current partition... Finding next partition... Unmounting all filesystems in /mnt/... Making filesystem on next partition... Mounting the next partition for installation... Starting UPGRADE operation... Extracting and installing archive... Extracting archive ./rescue-image/xda6.tar.xz into /mnt/sda8 Archive extraction of ./rescue-image/xda6.tar.xz succeeded Archive extraction and installation succeeded. Preparing to disable sm Aventail Service Manager is not running Stopping UWSGI server...done. Disabling new tunnel establishment: Clearing the current EVPN configuration: Clearing the current AVESP configuration: Clearing the current AVTUNNEL configuration: Terminate request acknowledged. <13>Nov 3 23:05:06 EVPN: Stopped Stopping ExtraWeb...done. Stopping Workplace Stopping Policy Server...done. Stopping Log Server...done. Stopping network management services: snmpd snmptrapd. Stopping MariaDB: mysqld. replicator: no process found Stopping MariaDB: mysqldmysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)' Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists! failed! MySQL successfully stopped. Preparing to enable sm Preparing to enable my Migrating current appliance configuration... umount: /mnt/sda8/proc: not mounted. Restoring existing appliance databases... ERROR. migrate.sh returned non-zero error code -- 1. Exiting. Cleaning up... root_num is: 7 Turning services back on... Finished cleanup..."

What is going wrong?

I have another instance of the SMA and it updates without errors.

:)

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    ZbebusZbebus Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

I think i found a solution.

SMA instance with problems is on the Hyper-V cluster with the ADM EPYC platform.

Second SMA instance where update goes without problems is on the INTEL platform.

When i moved the SMA 8200v to the Hyper-V on the INTEL platform, update went OK :)

Regards