Setting up HA fail-over takes down primary. TZ600 pair
Looking for some input on what I might have done wrong.
- Registered the HA license key on SW website.
- Registered serial of HA fail over device on SW website.
- Associated primary and fail over device on SW website. Shows Primary and Secondary correctly.
- Disabled port-shield group on both hosts.
- Connected the devices together as shown in the KB article.
- X6 for command and data
- X1 for both to the same WAN switch
- X0 for both to the same LAN switch
- Verified HA license recognized on primary device. (Yes)
- Set mode to Active/Standby and enabled stateful synchronization and Virtual MAC.
- Verified correct Primary and Secondary serial numbers on primary device.
- Configured control and data for port X6.
- Logged into secondary device and enabled Active/Standby.
- Enabled stateful synchronization on secondary device.
- Verified correct serials for Primary/Secondary on the secondary device.
- Verified control connection X6.
Until this point I had been using the LAN port on the secondary device for configuration direct from laptop. As soon as I plugged in the LAN cable from the switch the maintenance light started blinking and the primary went offline. All Internet connectivity was lost. I rechecked my steps and everything looks correct. Any guidance is appreciated.