Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Soho - No Internet

Hi all,

I have a SOHO device that won't let anything access the internet. Internet is up and working. Site to site VPNs work. I can ping internet and remote lan devices from the Soho device. If I restart the Soho, I get internet for about 2 minutes, then nothing behind the sonicwall can access the internet. I don't see anything in the logs. I'm baffled. It was working fine for several years, all of a sudden it doesn't work. I'm in HI so getting a new one isn't an option for tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.
Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    Don808Don808 Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. I edited the wrong rule for a port forward and it blocked internet. Went through the config on one of the other sites and found my mistake. Thank you for taking a look at this thread.

Answers

• Don808Don808 Newbie ✭

Damn! It was working. Now I am back at my office. I can VPN in, but no Internet out again. And I can't connect to anything behind the sonicwall. Maybe have to rebuild all of the firewall rules. So frustrating.

Any troubleshooting tips are appreciated. I can't figure out if it is the device itself or if it is a firewall rule now. The only inbound rules I have is a port forwarding to a webserver. As I stated, it was working for several years and has all of a sudden crapped out.