Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Unable to see SonicWave 641 from TZ470 Firewall

The SonicWave 641 is unable to get a DHCP address from the firewall. The logs say "non-sonicpoint device".

I turn off that security, and it gets the address, but never gets a profile. The Interface works and is set to WLAN. Interface trust is on.

The logs never show any traffic from the 641 unless I access its web interface. I am able to load it and use it via the cloud manager. I want to source the profiles from the firewall.

Any Ideas?

Category: SonicWave

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@MSISupport it is my understanding that the new 600 series SonicWaves can only be managed by WCM, and not the firewall.

That is a significant constraint and one reason I won't be using these new devices for the foreseeable future (if ever).

The only option I see for your situation is to recreate the profiles you intended to use in the cloud manager.

• @Larry So it would seem.

However, the included documentation says that the Firewall will display it under Device>External Controllers> Access Points> Settings. The TZ470 is generation 7 (as is the 641). SonicWall told me I needed to upgrade to the 470 (from the 400). I will be greatly disappointed if cloud is the only option.

There would also be no point in connecting it to a WLAN interface if it just needed to reach the cloud. I hope this is a SonicOS issue.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Well, I'll be! According to the 641 GS, you should be able to control the device via the firewall. (I'm thinking now only the soon-to-be released 621 are WNM only).

If you followed those setup instructions as written and the AP is not showing up, my suggestion (if you haven't done this already) is to reset it to Factory Default and start the process over. If that still doesn't work, call SonicWall Support.

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

@MSISupport , @Larry This isn't an option until 7.1 firmware is released, so at the moment Larry is correct they are only manageable via the Cloud WNM.