Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Feature Request or Usage - User comment field missing

I have a TZ400 Firewall and recently updated my firmware from the 6.2 range to the current 6.5.4.10. Upon doing this I noticed that the "comment" field is now hidden when viewing the User accounts list. I utilize this field for account expiration dates and there doesn't seem to be a way to view this field aside from editing each user entry. Subsequently I now have no way to easily ascertain which accounts will be expiring soon.

In the list view there is a comments column header with bubbles you can hover over, but it doesn't actually display the comments, just which groups the account belongs to. I couldn't find any other way to view the comments field on the user accounts as a whole.

I'm not sure when this was updated or if there is a way to view these comments easily or even some way to run a report of user accounts, but I'm hoping the comment field can be reintroduced.

thanks

s

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics
Tagged:

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I doubt, in all likelihood, you are not going to see that column restored in the current TZ Gen 6.5 version.

The ability to get a "request for enhancement" is not easy - I've tried for a few years and have failed miserably.

Pleased to report that this field does exist in the current Gen 7 firmware SonicOS 7.0.1-5065

• Thanks for the info, but I don't believe my TZ400 can upgrade to SonicOS 7, so I'm stuck for now I guess,

thanks

s