Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Firmware Upgrade Path & License for NSA 2600

Hi,

I'm a jr SysAdmin, and I have to upgrade two NSA 2600 with support expired.

Are there published upgrade paths for the NSA firewalls?

First of all: can I update the firmware with Software and Firmware Updates expired in Nov 2019 ?

Second: should I follow an update path from firmware 6.2.5.3 to the latest 6.5.4.11-97n or can you jump directly to the latest 6.2.5.3 -> 6.5.4.11-97n ? Are Safemode Version and ROM Version related to firmware update?

I looked for this information in the Support Matrix, but I wasn't able to find anything regarding firmware upgrade, just configuration import/exports.

Third: Is the latest installable firmware version related to Software and Firmware Updates license date expiration?

Thank you for the support!

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If your support is expired you can still perform firmware upgrades.

I would recommend step-upgrading based on "general releases" and release dates to the subversion you want (e.g. going from 6.2.5.x released 11/2019 to 6.5.3 released 02/2020), then you can go to the latest version.

Again, as long as you can download the release, you can upgrade to it even if your support is expired.

Answers