TZ x70 Firewalls - Firmware Upload - Network Error - SonicOS 7
When we install a new Sonicwall TZ firewall, when we first receive we always safemode the device and upload the latest firmware etc. and configure, once the device is installed, we are finding that uploading new firmware via the web interface we get a network error during transfer. Doesn't matter whether we are LAN or WAN side of the device. We then re-try, try different browsers, clear browser caches and it will then work for about 75% of the firewalls we look after. The remaining some work by reverting to version 6 interface, and then the remaining we have to force downtime with the end-user, by doing a site visit to upgrade via safemode. Anyone else experiencing this?
Have you found a fool-proof of uploading the firmware to production firewalls?
We never had this issue with Gen 6 devices.
Suspecting the Firmware might be get corrupted which you trying to uploading.
Download the exact model of the Firewall Firmware version and connect your laptop / pc directly to the Firewall LAN interface and try to upload from the connected laptop/pc.
NB: Before proceeding take the configuration backup.
If you're suggesting that the firmware is corrupted, then how do you upgrade remotely? We would need to visit 30 sites each time there is an upgrade. (This also happens when connected directly the Sonicwall)
We never faced this issue with Gen 6 devices.
I originally encountered this problem with my own TZ270W. Very frustrated that a simple process was problematic. CSR at the time suggested using Edge browser instead of my default Firefox. That did work. On the other hand, all future firmware updates have been successful.
If you are finding that this procedure fails repeatedly - on multiple devices in different locations - my advice is to download the latest backup, the latest TSR, and all of the Logs (from Diag mode) and open a case with support for ONE device. Add a note that it is also occurring on other devices, and include those serial numbers. If the engineers insist, you're going to have to pull down the associated files.
I think it would be in your best interest to get Support working on this to find out if it is widespread or isolated to your network environment, rather than waiting for the community to respond.