Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

connect to another network router

Let say I've a sonicwall NSA240 connected to my ISP modem. I've a public IP address configured in X1 port (WAN). X2 port is configured in LAN mode, giving adresses to the computer network (192.168.1.x).

Completely separated from the sonicwall, I've another type of modem for VoIP. This modem is connected in a PBX equipment (10.10.10.2) that is configured to give IP address to phones (DHCP), network is 10.10.10.x.

I want to be able to connect to the PBX from the internet from the WAN IP address. I've tried to configure the X3 port in LAN mode, with IP 10.10.10.3 and to configure NAT and Routes, but I can't figure out to make it work. I don't know if it possible to make it this way.

The first two octets of WAN is 24.230.x.x. This is the public IP from the ISP. PBX is acting like a router with DHCP server. PBX LAN 10.10.10.2. PBX WAN IP 192.168.20.240. Default Gateway 192.168.20.1

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@jpchenel this seems like a resolvable problem.

Create a new Network Zone of Type "Public" and call it let's say "VoIP". Bind this Zone to Interface X3 and assign an IP address to it or let it be assigned by the PBX to end up in the 10.10.10.0/24 network. The X3 Interface has to be conneccted to the LAN segment of your VoIP Zone of course.

Create a Firewall Access Rule allowing Traffic form LAN )X2 Subnet) to VoIP (X3 Subnet), if you wanna be more granular on this, create the proper Address Objects and use them.

Because your PBX does not know the way back to 192.168.1.0/24 you need to create a NAT Rule which looks like this:

SRC: X1 Subnet - Translated: X3 IP and DST: X3 Subnet - Translated: Original

This should do the trick.

--Michael@BWC

Answers