Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Suggestions for zones

I realize this is a general firewall question. We have some wireless monitors I need to setup a seperate network for. These need to be isolated from the current network. Connectivity will be monitors-->sonicwave AP-->sonicwall firewall-->core switch(dedicated VLAN)-->monitor server. This will be a dedicated VAP with it's own SSID. How would some of you recommend to handle the zones for this application from a security view point? We currently have a guest wifi network in a "guest" zone with security type of wireless. We also have a facility Wifi with a production wireless zone and security type as wireless as well. Should I setup this new network with a custom zone name with security type as wireless as well? And the LAN side with LAN zone?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Comments

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Each VLAN should have its own Zone, otherwise whats the point of having a zone-based firewall?

'Guest' networks should have a Guest zone with security type public (it's an untrusted network). 'Voice' networks should have a Voice zone with security type trusted.

I think your missing the Security Type concept.