Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GVC installCleaner.bat script for all users on the system?

ChojinChojin Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi there,

if we rollout the installCleaner.bat script via software deployment will it only delete the files under the deployment user/service or will it delete all RarSFX*.* files on the system?

I ask because I would guess its just deleten the file/files under the execution users context.

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Chojin,

If you open the .bat file you can see it deletes the folder and its content using this path %tmp%\RarSFX*.*

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• PatD442PatD442 Newbie ✭

Which does NOT do what the OP asked. Further, you can't use a wildcard with the RD command. So the batch file (If tested?) is useless.

OP - you need to wrap the delete and RD commands in a for loop against c:\users. For example -

for /d %d in (%systemdrive%\users\*) do rd /s /q "%d\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX"

What I don't know is, since Sonicwall's batch file is referencing RarSFX*, is RarSFX the actual directory? Or is it truly just a prefix? Because RarSSFX* doesn't work using RD. But if the directory is not exactly RarSFX, we're equally screwed.

Going to have to wrap more like -

for /d %d in (%systemdrive%\users\*\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX*) do rd /s /q "%d"

But the * mid-path won't work I believe. I'll probably just nail this down with Powershell when I get a minute.

Absolutely test first with an echo command after the do!!